Makes 2 12-inch pizzas - use one for this recipe, freeze the other for future use or another pie.
- 274 g all-purpose flour
- 48 g whole wheat flour
- 161 g levain
- 200 g water
- 9 g salt
- 1/4 teas instant yeast
- 1 teas olive oil
- Mix all ingredients and let sit, covered with a dish towel, for 25-30 minutes.
- Knead by hand for about 6 minutes if using a levain, about 12 if not.
- Place in container misted with spray oil, cover with plastic wrap (also sprayed), and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from fridge about 3 hours before baking.
- At least 1 hour before baking, place a pizza stone into oven on top shelf, and preheat to 500 degrees F.
- Divide in half, form a ball, let the dough sit, covered, for about 10 minutes to relax, then form the pizzas. (If only making one pie, freeze the other ball of dough at this point.)
- 6 or so asparagus
- 1/4 pound double-smoked bulk bacon
- 1/4 pound fresh goat cheese
- A few tablespoons of grated Gruyere or Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- Cut the asparagus on the bias into about 2-inch pieces and toss with 1 Tbl olive oil
- Cut the bacon into half-inch cubes, saute until cooked halfway through
- Crumble the goat cheese into chunks.
- Brush the crust lightly with olive oil, top with asparagus, cheeses, and bacon.
- Place onto pizza stone, bake until crust is brown on the edges, about 5-8 minutes, depending on your oven.